Senior Director, Product - User & Identity
New York, New York, United States; Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 772386BR Location New York, New York, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 28, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company’s content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company’s streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
Disney is looking for a world-class product leader with a proven background in digital identity and user management products. You will partner directly with product teams spanning our streaming brands (Disney+, ESPN+, Star+, and Hulu). You will also partner with a wide variety of stakeholders across The Walt Disney Company, including legal, marketing, data, engineering, infosec, customer service, and nearly every consumer-facing business unit. The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring that our capabilities and features create value for both consumers and internal business partners, and that our platform securely scales to support the global footprint of our direct to consumer products.
- Identity and access management
- Device and profile management
- Fraud prevention and security
- Consumer privacy and regulatory compliance (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Marketing permissions and consent management
- Application security and open identity standards
- Multi-factor and passwordless authentication best practices
- Global preference management, including parental controls
- 10+ years’ managerial experience with, and a successful history of, shipping and iterating on consumer identity products
- 5+ years’ experience working in identity, user management, or closely related domains
- Experience building and mentoring product management teams, with a focus on effective and repeatable processes
- History of making quantitative impact on business metrics through multi-variant testing
- Deep understanding of identity management systems and products, including an awareness global regulations that affect data collection and usage
- Experience delivering to a wide variety of platforms including web, mobile, and connected devices
- Mastery of collaboration, consensus building , prioritization, and continual delivery
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and can fluidly move between both highly technical and non-technical conversations, from C-level to all levels below
- Experience coordinating enterprise-level programs and multiple projects at a time
- Experience with large-scale migrations and integrations
- Experience managing distributed teams
- Earns trust of peers, reports, and executives
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of their team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Results oriented and data driven
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.