Senior Editor, Disney Publishing WorldwideApply NowApply Later Job ID 771488BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 23, 2021
- Acquire and edit 10-12 adult titles per year in both fiction (IP-driven thriller, mystery, women's fiction) and non-fiction (IP-driven pop culture, humor, memoir, cooking/lifestyle, and sports/ESPN).
- Work closely with Editorial Director to track the latest IP properties and maintaining relationships with 20th Century, FX, ESPN, ABC Studios, and other Disney-owned brands.
- Edit and oversee projects from acquisitions through to final bound book; craft acquisitions presentations, write editorial letters, perform line-edits, write bound galley and jacket copy, review and route passes, manage author and agent care.
- Present titles at sales conference and launch meetings and at internal meetings
- Work with the design team on covers and overall package for each project.
- Work with the sales, marketing and publicity teams on positioning and promotion for each project.
- Work with the managing editor to ensure project schedules are maintained and projects are delivered on time.
- Maintain a list of agents and authors.
- 7 or more years of experience editing non-fiction and fiction titles, with structural and line editing expertise
- Established relationships with literary agents; negotiation skills; experience redlining contracts
- Experience managing books through the editorial/production process
- Some travel may be required
Additional Information:Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Books, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Buena Vista Books, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.