Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial AccountantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 646069BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Mar. 07, 2019
Job Summary:Marvel Accounting and Finance team is looking for a Senior Accountant for our television business who can assist in performing a wide variety of diversified accounting assignments. Everyone here wears many hats and gets exposed to a variety of challenges. You'll be working with a visible and accessible management team in a highly energized environment.
Responsibilities:Specific Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsibility for maintaining general ledger accounts, including journal entries, intercompany transactions, account reconciliations and accruals
- Assist in the effective and efficient month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring transactions are in accordance with GAAP and that internal policies and procedures are followed
- Review television Ultimates and ensure proper accounting
- Partner with the operations and finance teams
- Research account variances on balance sheet and income statement for financial reporting
- Producing various accounting and financial reports
- Assist in research and providing resolution of accounting issues
- Other projects as assigned
- 3 plus years of relevant accounting experience. Public accounting and/or media experience preferred
- Basic understanding of GAAP, primarily in revenue recognition matters
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Ability to work independently, detail-oriented, has good organizational skills and possesses the ability to prioritize
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changes of job duties when the need arises
Required EducationAccounting degree with BA/BS equivalent
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.