Senior Financial Analyst – Ad SalesApply NowApply Later Job ID 777599BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 17, 2021
The DMED segment is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to provide ad sales finance support across the linear Cable TV networks. It’s a unique opportunity to be a part of the newest growth segment for the Company. The role will work closely with Disney’s Ad Sales Revenue and Yield Management teams, and will also partner with the respective Programming/Content and Research teams, to prepare strategic financial plans for key forecast periods (annual budget, long-range plan, and quarterly forecasts) for the Linear Cable Ad Sales line of business. They will oversee recurring deliverables including Ad Sales Pacing, Rate/Volume analysis metric drivers, and Forecast/Plan modeling.
The Sr. Analyst will participate in the financial planning process and create strategic analyses to support decision-making for Freeform and Disney Channel cable nets. The role will require the ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with stakeholders across the company. The ideal candidate will be able to easily navigate and clearly communicate between the Ad Sales organization and the Finance organization. A strong analytical and systems reporting background is necessary as the role relies heavily on a key understanding and working knowledge of the department’s sales reporting systems and general ledger systems.
- Assist and support the month close and quarter end reporting, forecasts, budgets, and strategic plans, as well as reports explaining variances between actual results and financial projections for all components of Linear Cable Ad Sales revenue.
- Ad hoc reporting and the development of new financial models to help drive the business
- Provide weekly reports of booked and working ad sales to management inclusive of revenue and key ad sales metrics.
- Administer the ad liability stewardship of Cable networks assigned including all cross-network activity. Collaborate with the pricing and planning team to ensure maximum effective use of inventory for managing liability balances.
- Provide insight through analysis and observation of any risks or opportunities to the businesses over the course of the year.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with information systems and/or strong ability to quickly learn new information systems (Sales Traffic and Planning systems, G/L).
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate clearly micro details into a broader summary for different levels of management
- Advanced Excel abilities (Nested statements, pivot tables, charting, combining functions like Index, Match, Offset and Indirect)
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy with an aptitude for troubleshooting data discrepancies
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a corporate finance / business analytics role. Ad Sales experience is a plus, not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Finance
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field preferred – Physics, Math Economics, Business Administration
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.