Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial Analyst- Financial Planning and AnalysisApply Now Apply Later Job ID 628740BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 19, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, sports events and news and information products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Disney Streaming Services is a global leader in delivering direct-to-consumer live and on demand entertainment at scale and a leading licensee of OTT sports and eSports rights. DSS owns and operates a growing portfolio of direct-to-consumer video streaming services, including the NHL, PGA TOUR, and MLS, ESPN-branded multi-sport service. By driving technological innovations in live sports and on demand video, BAMTECH Media’s mission is to give global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. A subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, DSS is headquartered in New York, with European headquarters in Amsterdam.
- Creates and maintains financial models and P&Ls to forecast revenue, expenses, and profits for multiple distribution channels
- Contributes to the preparation and analysis of the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan, and quarterly forecasts including the accompanying senior management presentations
- Prepares ad-hoc reports, special projects, and presentations for various internal stakeholders
- Manages third party data, invoices and data vendors
- Ensures the Finance Department is aligned with the objectives set forth by senior management and is operating as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Minimum of 3 years of finance experience required, preferably in Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis
- Strong financial modeling and analytical abilities
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Passion for and basic understanding of the streaming video business
- Attention to detail, desire for accuracy, and a strong sense of urgency
- Business intelligence, data analysis, or market analysis exposure
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, solve problems, and implement solutions
- BA in Finance or Accounting
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.