Senior Financial Analyst, Marketing FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 884648BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 22, 2021
Forecasts and reporting will aim to provide operational teams and executive management a snapshot into expected marketing performance and will also serve as the basis for ad hoc scenario analysis. Ad hoc analysis will be key in understanding sensitivities around marketing effectiveness and will provide rapid insight to make necessary adjustments to maximize subscriber acquisition. Successful analysis will also require collaboration across the marketing and analytics teams, as well synthesizing insights from data to identify the appropriate narrative for both financial and non-financial audiences.
The pace and cadence for change at DSS necessitates an ability to manage multiple projects, collaborate with multiple stakeholders, and roll up sleeves to support this important segment of the Disney business.
- Maintain and enhance marketing planning model with focus on key underlying subscription and marketing metrics
- Establish marketing performance reporting and analysis framework, including total spend, CPAs, LTV ratios, and brand vs performance marketing splits
- Work cross-functionally with key partners in marketing and analytics to develop business insights that uncover subscriber growth levers and opportunities to improve customer value
- Update weekly and monthly presentations and provide relevant context for business reviews with leadership
- Collaborate with marketing finance across all DTC services on various analyses to identify most efficient marketing tactics and best approach going forward
- Develop impactful, compelling presentation materials (decks, notes, write-ups, backup materials, etc.) that effectively communicates financial projections, drivers, business performance, risks and opportunities to leadership
- 2-5 years of relevant finance/strategy experience in media, direct-to-consumer subscription, management/strategy consulting, investment banking or similar fields
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building operating models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communication and PowerPoint skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Experience in the video streaming industry a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
Additional Information:The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company that is responsible for all monetization of content—both distribution and ad sales—and oversees the operations of the Company’s streaming services, including Disney+ (including Star and Disney+ Hotstar internationally), Hulu, and ESPN+ and domestic broadcast and cable television networks. DMED brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization, with the goal of expanding the footprint of Disney’s world-class content and beloved brands and delivering highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world. DMED works in close collaboration with Disney’s Studio, General Entertainment, and Sports content creation teams on programming and marketing for the streaming services and networks.
About Disney Streaming:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.