Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial Analyst- Overhead PlanningApply Now Apply Later Job ID 660816BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Apr. 18, 2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company is one of today's premier media entertainment companies, combining high-quality content with strategic use of technology to deliver compelling news and entertainment viewing experiences to hundreds of millions of people around the world. This team is responsible for providing financial reporting, analysis and strategic support for the Walt Disney Company advertising sales efforts.
The Disney Advertising Sales operational expenses team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) of Sales Overhead Planning. The SFA will coordinate with internal partners to help deliver on the strategic, financial and operational goals of the business. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Sales Opex, this individual will be responsible for financial planning and reporting for sales Departmental Overhead, Client Events, Technology Initiatives, Integrated Marketing and Production. The role will include a unique blend of strategic thinking, analysis and solution-oriented project management.
- In coordination with business stakeholders, deliver streamlined reporting packages and detailed variance analysis for Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Long Range Plan (LRP), forecasts, quarter closes and other analyses as required to Planning, Controllership, Corporate and Business Unit Finance teams
- Maintain and improve cost planning models utilizing SAP data
- Understand and prepare sales cost allocations to lines of business
- Support ongoing effort to merge organization utilizing Cognos tools, data and reporting standardization, Café reporting, pro formas and adjustments as needed
- Ad hoc analysis of cost expenditures
- 3 to 5 years of related experience, preferably in a media environment
- Strong working knowledge of financial planning and accounting
- Strong analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Proven ability to build relationships and interact with all levels of management
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills including financial modeling experience and PowerPoint proficiency
- SAP and Cognos/TM1 knowledge preferred
- Be detailed-oriented, self-motivated and flexible
- Be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision on day-to-day tasks and analyses
- Demonstrate professional excellence, integrity and dependability
- Be intellectually curious and able to diplomatically challenge the status quo
- Be able to present and discuss work and results within and beyond finance, including the development of appropriate schedules and presentation materials
- Be able to multi-task and work well with others in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Bachelor’s Degree – Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.