Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 678382BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 11, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, sports events and news and information products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Disney Streaming Services is a global leader in delivering direct-to-consumer live and on demand entertainment at scale and a leading licensee of OTT sports and eSports rights. DSS owns and operates a growing portfolio of direct-to-consumer video streaming services, including the NHL, PGA TOUR, and MLS, ESPN-branded multi-sport service. By driving technological innovations in live sports and on demand video, BAMTECH Media’s mission is to give global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. A subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, DSS is headquartered in New York, with European headquarters in Amsterdam.
- Creates, improves and maintains financial models to forecast and analyze technology expenses and capital purchases
- Cross-function collaboration with accounting and fixed assets teams to ensure proper capitalization of fixed assets, managing asset life cycle in SAP from creation to disposal
- Creation of G/L codes for all approved asset purchases and projects in collaboration with accounting
- Identify opportunities to enhance the existing processes and propose improvements to streamline the use of new practices in line with Corporate policies
- Contributes to the preparation and analysis of the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan, and forecasts including the accompanying senior management presentations
- Prepares ad-hoc reports, special projects, and presentations for various internal stakeholders
- Manages third party data, invoices and data vendors
- Ensures the Finance Department is aligned with the objectives set forth by senior management and is operating as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Minimum of 3 years of finance experience required, preferably in technology
- Strong financial modeling and analytical abilities
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communications skills, well equipment to speak to various levels of management across finance and in technology teams
- Strong grasp of SAP financial systems
- Highly collaborative with strong problem solving, interpersonal and project management skills
- Attention to detail, desire for accuracy, and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, solve problems, and implement solutions
- BS in Finance or Accounting
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.