Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 747138BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 10, 2020
Responsibilities:The DTCI business is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that will work closely with Disney’s Ad Sales Revenue and Yield Management teams supporting Linear ABC Broadcast Ad Sales within The Walt Disney Company. They will also partner with the respective Programming/Content and Research teams to prepare strategic financial plans for key forecast periods (annual budget, long-range plan, and quarterly forecasts) for the Linear Ratings based line of business. They will produce recurring deliverables including Ad Sales Pacing, Rate/Volume analysis metric drivers, and Forecast/Plan modeling.
This role relies heavily on a key understanding and working knowledge of the department’s sales reporting systems and general ledger systems. The ideal candidate will be able to easily navigate and clearly communicate between the ad sales organization and the financial organization. A strong analytical background to drive business insights and recommendations with quantifiable impact is needed.
- Provide weekly reports of booked and working ad sales to management inclusive of revenue and key ad sales metrics.
- Assist and support the month close and quarter end reporting, forecasts, budgets, and strategic plans, as well as reports explaining variances between actual results and financial projections for all components of Linear ABC Broadcast Ad Sales revenue.
- Administer the AD Liability Stewardship of ABC and closely monitor weekly activity. Collaborate with the pricing and planning team to ensure maximum effective use of inventory for managing liability balances.
- Provide insight through analysis and observation of any risks or opportunities to the businesses over the course of the year.
- Ad Hoc reporting and the development of new financial models to help drive the business
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a corporate finance / business analytics role. Ad Sales experience is a plus, not required.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with information systems and/or strong ability to quickly learn new information systems
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate clearly micro details into a broader summary for different levels of management
- Advanced Excel abilities (Nested statements, pivot tables, charting, combining functions like Index, Match, Offset and Indirect)
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy with an aptitude for troubleshooting data discrepancies
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Finance
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field preferred – Physics, Math Economics, Business Administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Finance
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.