Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762586BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 25, 2020
The role supports the Disney + business globally and requires a proactive approach with strong analytical, Excel and PowerPoint skills. The SFA will need to be comfortable with large amounts of data and able to analyze proficiently in order to derive succinct conclusions and drive actionable insights. The individual must possess the ability to interface effectively with various levels of management, ranging from executives to business team managers. A successful candidate will be able to confidently navigate an ever changing, dynamic environment and seek opportunities to drive efficient processes and challenge the status quo.
Responsibilities:A successful candidate will support us in the following parts of the business
- Management reporting with a focus on subscriber reporting and revenue analytics. This involves monitoring, analyzing and reporting Disney+ subscribers and revenue KPIs for each region globally on a weekly/monthly/ quarterly/ annual basis
- Development of consolidated Disney+ financial results, including global and local views (e.g. EMEA or APAC) of all Disney+ operations through operating income. Includes working with international operational finance teams to drive the close and forecast process from a finance side as well as understand changes in both actuals and forecasts. Leverage financial systems to pull data and conduct financial analyses
- Preparation of financial Forecasts, Quarterly Updates and Operating Plans. Collaborate and partner with relevant stakeholders to ensure timely submission of deliverables
- Actively work with key stakeholders, operating groups, and finance team members to improve the effectiveness of the financial planning process, assumptions and results
- 3-5 years overall work experience
- Prior experience in business planning or finance, preferably in a direct-to-consumer business
- Significant analytical and financial modeling experience as well as exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills, including creating and delivering executive-level presentations
- Ability to work cross functionally, managing many stakeholders and building solid relationships throughout the company
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style
- Extremely organized with the ability to prioritize activities, manage timelines, and deal effectively with pressure
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion in a fast-paced environment
- A solid understanding of the film industry and Direct-to-Consumer business models
- Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
- Prior experience with financial systems such as SAP and Cognos
- BA/BS from a top tier undergraduate school (Focus on Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative field a plus)
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.