Senior Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 789560BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 21, 2021
This role will support the central FP&A function at Disney Streaming and will contribute towards the successful forecast consolidation of Disney+, ESPN+, and legacy businesses. This SFA will be heavily involved with the monthly close, forecasting, and ad hoc reporting requests with a focus on operating expenses. The candidate will also be expected to work independently with various partners across finance as well as other cross-functional business partners to deliver thoughtful forecasts and variance analyses in their assigned areas. This role requires the SFA to be able to perform a variety of tasks under time pressure and tight deadlines during critical FP&A delivery periods around quarter close reporting and forecasting cycles. A successful candidate will be able to navigate an ever changing, dynamic environment with a positive attitude and seek opportunities to drive efficient processes and challenge the status quo.
- Create, maintain, and improve financial models to forecast and analyze operating expenses
- Contribute to the preparation and analysis of the consolidated Annual Operating Plan and Disney Streaming forecasts, including the accompanying senior management presentations
- Fully own and manage the close deliverables process across the wider Finance team (consolidate and review accruals/reclasses, allocation templates, etc)
- Support ad-hoc financial analysis to deliver on strategic and operational goals of the Company
- Conduct research and analysis into issues and questions raised by leadership to inform decision-making
- Maintain a strong understanding of operating performance (e.g. ratings, subscribers), issues and challenges facing the businesses, and changes in strategy
- Actively work with key stakeholders, operating groups, and finance team members to improve the effectiveness of the financial planning process, assumptions and results
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Very strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- High level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work cross functionally, managing many stakeholders and building relationships throughout the company
- Proactive and creative in approaching problems and presenting financial data
- Extremely organized with the ability to prioritize activities, manage timelines, and deal effectively with pressure
- A good understanding of the entertainment industry and Direct-to-Consumer business models
- Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
- Prior experience with financial systems such as SAP and Cognos
- BA/BS (focus on Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative field a plus)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.