Senior Java Software EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 524137BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand BAMTECH Media Date posted 02/01/2018
BAMTECH is a leading technology services and video streaming company owned by The Walt Disney Company, MLBAM, and the National Hockey League. Our proprietary technology provides direct-to-consumer video solutions, especially for live events with high viewership, offering viewers high-quality visuals any time and on any device.
The Messaging and Engagement team is a NYC based team that is responsible for delivery of Push notifications, SMS, Email and "Inbox" features for mobile applications. As a member of the Messaging and Engagement team, you will build services that enable BAMTech products and partners to communicate directly with the customer on any platform. You have a passion for software engineering, back-end services,and building APIs.
- Craft software for the back-end services written in Java.
- Architecting and building resilient services that handle failure gracefully.
- Lead a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process.
- Participate in the full-lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
- 5+ years experience building software in Java.
- RESTful web service development.
- Experience with key/value store databases and RDBMS.
- Architecting and building serverless applications.
- Adept on the *nix command line.
- Automated testing at different levels (unit, integration, functional).
- Strong design principles (object oriented or functional).
- Using abstraction to drive conﬁgurable behavior.
- You're a self-learner, independent, and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- You care deeply about craftsmanship in your software, and can work backwards from the customer.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Tools: Git, Jenkins.
- Expertise with architectures using AWS infrastructure: Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Code deploy, EC2.
- Dev-ops experience: build pipelines and deployment, immutable infrastructure.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.