Senior Java Software EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 524137BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand BAMTECH Media Date posted Feb. 01, 2018
BAMTECH is a leading technology services and video streaming company owned by The Walt Disney Company, MLBAM, and the National Hockey League. Our proprietary technology provides direct-to-consumer video solutions, especially for live events with high viewership, offering viewers high-quality visuals any time and on any device.
The Messaging and Engagement team is a NYC based team that is responsible for delivery of Push notifications, SMS, Email and "Inbox" features for mobile applications. As a member of the Messaging and Engagement team, you will build services that enable BAMTECH products and partners to communicate directly with the customer on any platform. You have a passion for software engineering, back-end services,and building APIs.
- Craft software for the back-end services written in Java.
- Architecting and building resilient services that handle failure gracefully.
- Lead a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process.
- Participate in the full-lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
- 5+ years experience building software in Java.
- RESTful web service development.
- Experience with key/value store databases and RDBMS.
- Architecting and building serverless applications.
- Adept on the *nix command line.
- Automated testing at different levels (unit, integration, functional).
- Strong design principles (object oriented or functional).
- Using abstraction to drive conﬁgurable behavior.
- You're a self-learner, independent, and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- You care deeply about craftsmanship in your software, and can work backwards from the customer.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Tools: Git, Jenkins.
- Expertise with architectures using AWS infrastructure: Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Code deploy, EC2.
- Dev-ops experience: build pipelines and deployment, immutable infrastructure.
About BAMTECH Media:
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call BAMTECH Media.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.