Senior Manager Advanced Advertising, Linear OptimizationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 730349BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 06, 2019
Disney Advertising Sales drives the advertising revenue across platforms for the entire media portfolio – including ABC, ESPN, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, and more.
The Ad Solutions team is responsible for managing, enabling and optimizing a market-leading portfolio of ad solutions for the Disney Advertising Sales team. We are a group of creative problem-solvers and collaborators, who aren’t afraid of the unknown. We love to learn, and we ask smart questions in order to devise viable, revenue-driving solutions in this fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The Senior Manager, Advanced Advertising, will manage audience optimized linear TV sales and marketing campaigns from start to finish.
- Create audience-optimized (data-driven) linear media proposals across the portfolio
- Collaborate with counterparts in Revenue and Inventory Management, Data Science, Marketing and Sales to strategically price and mix inventory to maximize revenue;
- Communicate with Account Executives and clients regarding proposal revisions, campaign optimization/stewardship, over/under delivery and reallocation
- Develop innovative solutions so that we can book new deals as well as increase existing sales commitments
- Utilize excellent communications skills to ensure first-class customer service
- Accurately track, update and record sales package information
- Coordinate with the Account Management team on campaign implementation
- Provide marketplace intelligence by proactively reading the trades, building external and internal relationships
- Exhibit professional excellence and approach work with passion and positivity
- The Senior Manager is responsible for education of new offerings and solutions, and by delivering best-in-class reporting, insights, and results. The Senior Manager advises, mentors and helps train Account Managers/planners on the nuances of booking/handling linear deals.
- Where appropriate, initiate and control escalation within the relevant organization to resolve issues or mitigate risk.
- Utilizes Salesforce and other internal systems to ensure all campaign information is updated and accurate.
- Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential risks, and devise risk-mitigation and contingency plans.
- Act as a trusted partner, advisor and SME for cross functional stakeholders and Business Units.
- Work with business users on priorities/goals and work towards meeting those goals.
- Support and SME in multiple optimization systems.
- A minimum of 5-year prior agency, network or media experience. Focusing on account management and/or client service within a Linear or Digital environment
- Advanced Skills with Microsoft Office, with a focus on Excel
- Working knowledge of media math
- Experience working on audience-targeted, data-driven sales
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An enthusiastic demeanor and eager-to-learn attitude
- The ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, team-centric environment
- The drive to take initiative and handle additional responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.