Senior Manager, Advertising Standards & SolutionsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 723189BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 02, 2019
Disney Advertising Sales drives the advertising revenue across platforms for the entire media portfolio – including ABC, ESPN, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, and more.
The Ad Solutions team is responsible for managing, enabling and optimizing a market-leading portfolio of ad solutions for the Disney Advertising Sales team. We are a group of creative problem-solvers and collaborators, who aren’t afraid of the unknown. We love to learn, and we ask smart questions in order to devise viable, revenue-driving solutions in this fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Oversee the management and implementation of Disney Ad Sales standard policies and lead the negotiations of related Terms & Conditions with agencies (with regard to operations, measurement, data sharing, billing, etc.)
- Be a subject matter expert on ad policies, terms and conditions with Advertisers and holding companies
- Partner with Sales, Revenue, Operations, and Data to align on Upfront terms that support the current and future Disney Advertising business
- Cultivate relationships with key agency contacts
- Negotiate with agency partners, advocating for the interests of Disney Ad Sales while identifying practical solutions that keep business moving
- Work with Legal to ensure all agreements protect Disney brand priorities
- Monitor trends in digital advertising and proactively incorporate new concepts into agreements with advertisers (e.g. IAB 4A’as Standards, Viewability, IVT and Ad Blocking)]
- Educate Sales team about key trends and important changes to standard positioning that could impact clients priorities and revenue
- 8+ years of digital ad operations, agency or publisher media planning or ad sales
- Strong command of digital ad operations and key trends related to digital advertising
- Understanding of agency KPIs
- Experience in and interest in growing acumen in negotiation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Can-do, positive attitude with a focus on finding solutions and getting things done
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Ability to manage, organize and balance multiple priorities, needs and expectations
- Collaborative team player
- Passion for following evolving trends in the industry with respect to data, privacy, etc.
- Existing industry relationships are a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.