Senior Manager, Category StrategyApply NowApply Later Job ID 913590BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
Responsibilities:The Category Strategy Sr. Manager will work closely with cross-functional teams including – research, client/marketing solutions, data enablement, sales and sales communications to frame category narratives and go to market presentations for the category and category clients. He/She/They will work with the Category Strategy Director to create strategies to broaden the value proposition of Disney Advertising Sales in the marketplace with a focus on data driven solutions and audience based buying. The senior manager will be responsible for understanding a category from both a business perspective and a media perspective including: overall business trends, consumer media trends, industry measurement solutions and competitive landscape, specifically competitive media spending analysis.
Additionally, the senior manager will:
- Work with the Data Enablement team to make recommendations on first party and third party audience segments
- Manage an Associate Manager who will be responsible for gathering insights through syndicated data sources (MRI, Nielsen/NMI, YouGov, AdIntel, SMI, EDO, Civic Science, Pathmatics, Lake 5, etc.)
- Participate and represent Category Strategy in weekly Solutions meetings
- Contribute to strategically managing the category and its workload by creating pro-active plans, presentations, worksheets, and other materials
- Actively contribute to creating an inclusive environment
- 6 years of experience in advertising, media and/or marketing—ideally in the given category
- Media experience at an agency or client-side, or experience with a sales development/strategy role at a media company
- Multi-platform media planning, buying, strategy and measurement with a strong background in addressable and data driven solutions
- Experience with working with R/F tools such as Nielsen Media Impact
- Functional experience working in media tools such as Nielsen NPower, Comscore, social listening among others
- Working knowledge of cross platform attribution vendors to measure brand lift, sales lift, app downloads etc
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is able to navigate without constant direction
- Strong multitasking capabilities and the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment of tight deadlines and constant change
- Team-oriented, with experience working across a matrixed organization
- Experience managing direct report(s), and overseeing their professional growth
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, capable of presenting to internal or external partners.
- Passion for The Walt Disney Company, its content, and the advertising landscape
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.