Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, Engineering ServicesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 528996BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 03, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The position of Senior Manager, Engineering serves as the primary lead for the Real Estate Operations engineering organization in driving the strategic delivery model for all of the East Coast Operations. Also, this position provides management oversight and accountabilities for the preventive and corrective activities in support of the New York Facilities including, TV Broadcasting, and Radio Network and Information Technology organizations through an organization of Facility Managers, supervising engineers and project management.
Responsibilities:This position along with the responsibilities is integral to the execution of all operational and capital projects as pertaining to plant equipment and assets.
- Lead all staff in the Operations engineering team, setting clear long term strategy as well as short term tactical objectives for direct reports.
- Lead project status reviews and communicate regularly to key stakeholders in the business - providing management reports, technical details and project progress as required to senior leadership.
- Oversee budget, delivering targeted return on investment and fully aligned with best practice.
- Manage issue resolution and anticipate problems before they occur to eliminate or mitigate issues
- Work with engineering teams to provide engineering and drafting support when required.
- Strategically outline for leadership the 5 year capital and operating projects.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for engineering and technical work.
- Identify and suggest measures for improvement to increase productivity and optimize efficiencies.
- Subject Matter Expert relating to all Mechanical Electrical Plumbing for East Coast Operations as well as advisor in the development operating projects; this includes design, drawings/schematics, testing methods, work instructions, risk assessment, reliability, and quality control.
- Support cross functional working within the engineering group and with the Client Services group to ensure clear communication and proper processes are in place with relevant stakeholders.
- Negotiation and arbitration with union shops represented by applicable bargaining agreements
- Maintaining open and constant inter-departmental relations by discussion and explanation of pending projects that could affect broadcast operations.
- Review documentation insuring infrastructure is within parameters established by the Department of Environmental Protection, The Fire Department of New York (FDNY), OSHA, ASHRE, and the Municipal Statues of the City of New York.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, etc. to plan and assess the feasibility of long and short term goals.
- Teaming with Risk Management (Fire Safety and Health Safety) officers to ensure compliance with Local Laws as pertaining to FDNY, City Ordinances and OSHA requirements.
- Manage property protection recommendations issued by insurance carriers and/or Risk Management in a cost effective manner.
- Participate as a member of the Company’s Crisis Management Emergency Operations Center when needed
- Providing recommendations for energy efficient operations of all MEP equipment as relating to Local Laws 84 and 87.
- 10 years in Facility Management with a deep knowledge of mechanical projects and proven track record directly leading vendors, contractors and in-house union trades.
- Must have through knowledge of all equipment associated with the Heating, Ventilation and Air conditioning systems such as Centrifugal Chillers, Pumps, Air Handing Units and Compressed Air Systems.
- Also, through knowledge of electrical systems such as Automatic Transfer Systems, Switchboards, Power Distribution systems and Emergency Generators.
- Knowledge of Vertical Transportation Systems such as elevators and escalators is also required.
- Professional Engineer License
- 5-10 years Facility operations at a media (Television, Radio, Internet, Social Media) property with a proven track record for advanced operational skills associated with emerging technologies preferred.
- Knowledge and application of SAP (a plus)
- Advanced knowledge and application of local codes including building, electrical, life safety, fire
- Advanced knowledge of national codes and standards including OSHA, NFPA, ASHRAE, IEEE, NEC, ANSI
- Proven knowledge of a Highly Protected Risk status for property and achieving that status
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- MS Degree in Engineering
Additional Information:Position may require nights and weekend work. Emergency response will also require availability.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.