Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager FP&A- Disney Streaming ServicesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 672579BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted May. 24, 2019
Disney Streaming Services is a global leader in delivering direct-to-consumer live and on demand entertainment at scale and a leading licensee of OTT sports and eSports rights. DSS owns and operates a growing portfolio of direct-to-consumer video streaming services, including ESPN+ and Disney+. By driving technological innovations in live sports and on demand video, Disney Streaming Services’ mission is to give global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. A subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, DSS is headquartered in New York.
We are seeking a Senior Manager that will play a key role within the Financial Planning and Analysis group. He/She will be responsible for the consolidated Disney+ financial results for actuals, forecasts, annual operating plans and long-range plans. This includes managing all direct and indirect cost reporting, allocation methodology and accurately reporting country, regional and global performance P&L’s. This position will work closely with the Disney Streaming controllership team to ensure accurate and timely allocation of expenses during close periods. Additionally, this Sr. Manager position will assist in the creation of all FP&A presentations to divisional operation and financial leadership.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain consolidated Disney+ financial results
- In coordination with the Controllership team, ensure accurate monthly close for all direct and indirect expenses
- Create and maintain indirect cost allocation methodology to ensure accurate and complete local P&L’s
- In coordination with the FP&A team, create and present the Long Range Plan, Annual Operating Plan, and Forecasts
- In coordination with the FP&A and Controllership team, maintain and evaluate monthly financial actuals and provide variance analysis
- Develop impactful, presentation materials (decks, notes, write-ups, backup materials, etc.) that effectively communicates financial projections, drivers, business performance, risks and opportunities to DSS leadership
- Assist management in evaluating the efficacy of business plans and financial projections
- Actively work with key stakeholders, operating groups, and finance team members to improve the effectiveness of the financial planning process, assumptions and results
- 8+ years of relevant work experience within an FP&A or Finance function inside DTC or media environment
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, with the ability to quickly collect, interpret, analyze and present financial data in an accurate and concise manner
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and resolve issues quickly without sacrificing quality
- Skilled in distilling insights from data and synthesizing strategic plans into financial forecasts
- Able to maintain both a rigorous attention to detail and a big-picture, strategic mindset
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.