Senior Manager, Instrumentation Product Solutions
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 784208BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 27, 2021
Job Summary:The Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) D.A.T.A. Product Team is seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Manager to lead the Instrumentation Product Solutions team supporting Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer platforms including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and the upcoming Star+ streaming platforms. The ideal candidate has significant experience solutioning, implementing, and supporting instrumentation and digital analytics tools in complex web and mobile/OTT application environments. The instrumentation solutions team plays a key role in defining DMED data strategy, developing instrumentation requirements, KPIs, and acceptance criteria for new products. The team also develops tools and processes for validating instrumentation accuracy and monitoring ongoing data quality and schema adherence. The successful candidate for this role will be a strong manager with experience leading technical product or operations teams. Candidates must be comfortable working across functional teams in a fast-paced, highly technical environment. This role will need to collaborate closely with leaders across engineering, product, program management, data technology, analytics, and marketing functions throughout The Walt Disney Company. Must be comfortable learning the ins and outs of in-house built technology and navigating complex enterprise organizations. This role will report to the Director of Instrumentation Product Solutions and will manage a team of product managers and analysts.
- You will lead efforts to implement and maintain consistent instrumentation across DMED’s direct-to-consumer streaming platforms
- You will drive strategic decisioning around instrumentation technology, process alignment, and tooling
- You will utilize deep knowledge of instrumentation and/or digital analytics to develop solutions in support of business requirements and stakeholder needs
- You will collaborate cross functionally with legal, business, marketing, program, design, engineering, and product teams to support new product and feature launches with reliable instrumentation solutions
- You will create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria
- You will identify and build relationships with key stakeholders across functional groups and gather/drive consensus among all required stakeholders and executors across the company to accomplish larger goals. You will need to creatively resolve blockers and integrate into multiple processes and workstreams to accomplish goals.
- You will help prioritize and delegate work within your team and support intake and sprint planning.
- You will manage and mentor Product Managers and Analysts who are responsible for both tactical and strategic instrumentation work
- 10+ years’ technical experience with instrumentation, product telemetry, and/or digital analytics tools.
- Strong understanding of digital product instrumentation and telemetry principles and how to capture and structure user engagement, product performance, and quality of service data for use in downstream analytics or marketing use cases.
- Track record of managing highly effective and organized technical product or operations teams.
- Strong understanding of SDLC, CI/CD, and Agile development practices.
- Comfortable with data, analytics, and BI tools such as Databricks, Snowflake, Tableau, Looker, Adobe Analytics, Conviva, etc.
- Experience partnering closely with product/design/engineering in a complex matrixed organization
- A strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Successful in times of ambiguity and can create clarity from chaos
- Flexible in an ever-changing environment
- Fosters an action oriented, values-based and purpose driven work culture
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.