Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, Media DeliveryApply Now Apply Later Job ID 709891BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Oct. 03, 2019
As Senior Manager, Media Delivery, you will be a team leader inside the Media Delivery department, responsible for managing a team of coordinators supporting our video ingest and QC platform and reporting on the state of the catalog. You will ensure that our ingest pipeline is functioning properly, and work directly with other internal teams and external partners to resolve ingest and QC issues. You will contribute to the creation of reporting tools and documentation of operational procedures for the coordinator team, assist in providing training and support and ensuring that the coordinator role is being executed properly. Department leads will look to you to provide on-going status of the overall health of the pipeline and performance of the team and catalog analytics.
- Focus on major areas of work, typically 20% or more of role
- Create tools for internal analytics and reporting
- Support video ingest platform
- Support QC operations and remediation
- Drive platform requirements and specs
- Act as tier 2 support for customer or internally reported issues
- Verify asset lifecycle in Disney+
- 8+ years of experience in a media or technology field
- Solid experience with programming languages, preferably Python
- Advanced Google Sheets/Excel formula building
- Strong experience supporting a large-scale VOD digital supply chain or asset management system
- Strong technical understanding of digital video/audio formats and specifications
- Strong video quality control experience
- Good technical understanding of video codecs and encoding
- Good understanding of ABR streaming, specifically HLS
- Good understanding of Aspera and other advanced delivery systems
- Basic understanding of UNIX and comfortable using the command line
- Basic understanding of XML and JSON
- Good organizational skills; must be able to track large scale projects and keep teams updated on status.
- Must be able to field questions and handle several on-going projects simultaneously
- Must be able to pivot project plans quickly to meet the changing needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with FFmpeg
- Familiarity with large storage environments
- Understanding of the principles of a Digital Asset Management system
- B.A. in Communications, Media or other related field
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.