Senior Manager, Product Design - Enterprise XDApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10005737 Location New York, New York, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 18, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
New York, NY or Santa Monica, CA
About the Team
Disney Streaming Services is changing how people watch movies, TV and live sports. Fans demand content on their own terms: anywhere, anytime on any device. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what’s possible. It’s an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media as more content creators seek how to engage their audience with compelling user experiences. The design team has a pivotal role at Disney in giving form to new ideas and continually improving these apps that people use every day.
Please join our Enterprise Experience Design (EXD) team. This team’s mission is to design a streaming platform that is accessible, flexible and inspiring to the people who work at Disney. We own & operate some of the biggest media properties in the world; and those properties require powerful internal tools to succeed. We believe that well-designed tools do more than make our jobs better, they change how we look at the world. The conversation moves from, “How can we do this?” to “What else can we do?”
- Create an environment of empathy, inclusion and psychological safety that encourages creativity and collaboration
- Lead a large team (or multiple small teams) of designers through mentorship, supporting, and charting a growth development path with them
- Coach the team in using a mature, modern, user-centered design process.
- Collaborate with peers in product, engineering and marketing on cross-functional projects from start to finish.
- Facilitate the design of multiple products across domains.
- Advocate for our users, and guide teams to deliver holistic, on-brand experiences.
- Represent your team and their work to stakeholders and external teams.
- Identify areas for improvement within the product design team covering people, process, and practice. Partner with the design ops team in creating an action plan.
- Work across design and Disney Streaming services to create strong relationships with other leads in product, engineering and research.
- An authentic, empathetic, and inspiring leader.
- You can walk the walk with expert craft skills.
- Highly collaborative: You strive to partner within design and cross-functionally to build the very best product/user experiences.
- A strong communicator and problem solver: You manage up, down and sideways.
- Always thinking about product strategy and vision (not just ‘how it should look’ but ‘what we should build’).
- You bring a growth mindset to ambiguity as an opportunity for design to lead product development with new features and user goals.
- You have experience leading & managing a team of designers through multiple full product development cycles.
- You are comfortable presenting your designs to a different audiences.
- You have a passion for evolving the design practice; its people, processes and purpose.
- 8+ years experience as a product designer building & shipping products.
- 3+ years managing design teams.
- Highly desirable if you’ve managed managers.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.