Senior Manager, Product - Global Payments
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763827BR Location New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 30, 2020
Job Summary:We are looking for a Senior Manager to lead our efforts to create the best consumer-facing commerce services in the world. You will provide product leadership for global payments and billing related initiatives, drive growth and optimization of products powered by the Disney Streaming Services Platform. You will be tasked with leading and driving innovation for all aspects of payments, including global and regional strategies, machine learning strategies for improving billing health, fraud and chargeback solutions. This role functions as a day-to-day liaison between business, marketing, analytics, technology, and product organizations to maximize commerce and growth objectives.
The ideal candidate is able to set and execute on a product strategy and vision through strong collaboration, deep analysis of data, and ability to align cross functional teams. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Responsible for establishing a payment strategy and vision aligned to global expansion and growth objectives
- Responsible for internal and external payment partnerships and operations, providing strategic direction and guidance to multiple levels of leadership within the company
- Lead and collaborate across various product and engineering teams on objectives and business requirements
- Develop KPI’s valuable to business improvements while ensuring plans are improving those indicators
- Lead a team team of product managers working on defining and translating inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents and user stories for engineering teams to execute
- Responsible for prioritization for development teams to ensure maximum value in deliverables for growth and revenue
- Develop strategies and solutions to comply with all tax and legal requirements related to payment processing
- Establishing and executing a plan to minimize Fraud and Chargebacks related to payments
- Maximize growth and revenue through supporting a range of payment methods, including alternative payments
- You have at least 7 years of product management experience, with at least 4 years in payments
- You have at least 2 years experience leading a team of direct reports
- You have a successful history in software development in payments and billing leveraging acquiring platforms used for processing
- You have experience product management for subscription products or services
- You have experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
- You an expert in e-commerce and other digital commerce flows and payment processing
- You possess strong knowledge of commerce technology vendors and ecosystems
- You are aware of latest requirements and regulations for payment processing in a global marketplace
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You excel at coordinating multiple projects at a time
- You're an analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- You have an ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges
- You put focus on supporting team interaction, boosting motivation, and appreciating contributions
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or technical degree preferred
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.