Senior Manager – Product Management – Device Enablement
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 777045BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 30, 2021
Job Summary:Devices and Distribution (D&D) is a new and growing product organization within Disney Streaming Services, and it is focused on addressing the exciting and rapidly evolving landscape of consumer devices and distribution platforms. The D&D charter is to:
- Deliver broad subscriber reach on existing and new consumer devices
- Accelerate international growth for our services by leveraging global distribution partnerships and integrated marketing, promotion and payment opportunities.
- Drive a quality, localized experience for international users.
- Innovate on the user, device and partner lifecycle to drive incremental discovery, signup, engagement and retention.
- Influence the evolution of partner platform roadmaps to benefit and support our rich user experiences
Responsibilities:Senior Manager of Product Management– Device Enablement will focus on increasing Disney reach and engagement on partner devices including smart TVs, game consoles and set-top boxes. Key responsibilities include:
- Inform product roadmap and drive product execution for Disney’s 10-foot experiences on partner devices
- Work with engineering, design, TAM and other stakeholders to bring the Disney experience on long-tail devices globally
- Analyze ecosystem trends to make recommendations on D&D’s engagement strategy with diverse partners such as chip manufacturers, device makers and leading platform/OS partners
- Bring qualitative and quantitative methods to inform product decisions
- Work cross-functionally influencing teams to drive business outcomes
Basic Qualifications:The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of other product managers
- Experience with end-to-end product delivery
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- At least 8 years’ experience leading product development, product management, and/or program management
- Experience leading the development and launch of software targeting consumer devices
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.