Senior Manager – Product Management - Global Expansion
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774676BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 25, 2021
Job Summary:The International Expansion team is seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Senior Manager, Global Expansion. The ideal candidate is an experienced product professional, well versed in all aspects of bringing new products and services to market, including but not limited to, product and business strategy, end-to-end product management, operational setup and efficiencies, stakeholder management. This individual will partner with, and lead, cross-functional teams to bring Disney products to new regions, as well as to identify and execute on strategic opportunities that drive both local and global metrics. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter with proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, strategic mindset and broad business experience, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced, competitive start-up environment. This person will report to the Director of Global Expansion and will manage Senior Product Managers.
- You will lead international efforts to identify growth opportunities across Disney’s products and services, in partnership with internal DSS teams and international stakeholders
- You will drive strategic business decisioning to bring to fruition “the most hyper local” SVOD products in market
- You will utilize deep product knowledge and focused data analysis to execute on the opportunities that you identify and deliver both global and local wins
- You will collaborate cross functionally with the legal, business, marketing, program management, design, engineering, and product teams to launch new products and services in new markets large and small
- You will create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria
- You will identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required groups across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals. You resolve blockers in other teams to move forward
- You will disseminate knowledge as widely as possible across your team and look for opportunities to take that knowledge to other groups
- You will manage and mentor Senior Product Managers who are responsible for both tactical and strategic expansion work
- 10+ years’ experience of hands-on product strategy and management, preferably in international markets.
- Strong business acumen and deep understanding of how to drive and measure KPIs
- Track record identifying growth opportunities using data to effect a net positive outcome
- Comfortable in the C suite, presenting and making the case for strategic positions and product decisions
- Experience partnering closely with product/design/engineering in a complex matrixed organization
- A strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Successful in times of ambiguity and can create clarity from chaos
- Flexible in an ever-changing environment
- Fosters an action oriented, values-based and purpose driven work culture
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.