Senior Manager, Product Management - Internationalization
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 765628BR Location New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 21, 2020
Job Summary:We are seeking an enthusiastic lead for the position of Senior Manager, Product Management - Internationalization, reporting to the Senior Director of Product for International. This individual will manage a team of product managers, collaborating cross-functionally with other product, localization, legal, business, program management, design, and engineering teams.
The ideal candidate for this role will have substantial internationalization experience and will be comfortable working with a multi-functional team of product owners. We're looking for a strategic, technical product lead who isn't afraid to execute. You will focus on the internationalization strategy for Disney Streaming, and be well versed in infrastructure required for providing a local experience at scale. You will also be responsible for ensuring our non-English language experiences are best in class and focused on the critical needs of various subscribers around the world.
The successful candidate will be a tenacious, ambitious self-starter with a passion for building new programs from scratch. You will have technical product acumen, proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, broad business experience, the tenacity to develop ideas independently, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Lead a team of product owners defining and launching critical language functionality, experience, and any gaps in partnership with design and engineering teams.
- Operate as a stakeholder on requirements for the integration of globalization tools across our systems and applications with the platform product and engineering partner teams.
- Influence as a subject matter expert across product teams to embed i18n specific features into team roadmaps.
- Develop and set up processes, projects and tools that allows teams and global expansion to scale.
- Manage and drive all aspects of i18n requirements needed to maintain the best standards and best practices in the industry.
- Provide up-to-date communication and data reporting for large projects, as well as progress of the team efficiency goals.
- Identify and set into practice ways to improve efficiency and reduce cost of globalization.
- Aligning the strategic global business goals of Disney and ensuring the teams invest toward those goals through a data-driven roadmap.
- 7+ years of experience in product management, with 3+ years in team management.
- Experience managing language experiences across APAC, EMEA, and LatAm.
- Knowledge of language complexities and how to evolve a product to accommodate for global languages, such as Asian and right-to-left languages.
- Deep interest in cultural symbolism and incorporation into the product experience.
- Track record of managing and releasing complex and high-quality products in collaboration with product teams.
- Knowledge of globalization best practices and internationalization requirements.
- Track record of being a self-starter, self-motivated and outcome-oriented individual who seeks ownership and accountability.
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience interacting with senior leadership.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail, with a competitive global and local viewpoint for delight and retention.
- Illustrated deep strength in the business of product management - process, how you think strategically as a team, how you execute as a team, how the product managers on your team interact with other teams.
- Focus and background on avoiding knowledge silos and instead striving to have knowledge spread as widely as possible across your team and look for opportunities to take that knowledge to other groups.
- Ability to create a structure under which internationalization innovation is possible, giving PMs the creative time needed to pursue new concepts and feedback to help concepts become prototypes, and prototypes become working code.
- Model for good product management behavior, demonstrating technique directly only when necessary, and otherwise guiding product managers to make their own product decisions that follow best practice.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.