Senior Manager, Product Management, Subscriber Activation
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 759575BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 22, 2020
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
Subscriber Activation is a cross-functional team within the Product Management organization at Disney Streaming Services with a focus to drive engagement and retention of streaming subscribers. The team is results driven, data-informed and thoughtful. Members of the team are responsible for determining the set of behaviors that impact retention, implement KPIs to track progress, build the ability to reach subscribers and deliver programs that lift retention. Team initiatives span across subscriber onboarding, automation, upsell, win back, monetization and engagement.
We Offer a Rare Opportunity for Product Managers
- To manage products with the potential to impact users at a massive scale around the world
- Work on award-winning video applications, and the platform that powers them
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent benefits
- Technical product owner to work closely and influence Platform Product, MarTech, Data Engineering, Content Engineering and Data Governance to build internal infrastructure and solutions to scale global notifications and messaging
- Develop the product infrastructure, roadmap and data flows to enable personalized messaging across email, push notifications and other outbound messaging platforms
- Understand backend systems and develop the path to make extensible to frontend and third party systems
- Develop, socialize and maintain product specifications that identify goals, status and expected deployment of key infrastructure
- Clearly articulate estimation and management of project budgets and cross-team resource allocation
- You have 6-8 years of experience in product management, with 3+ years in team management
- You have experience building and launching digital products in LatAm, EMEA, and/or APAC countries
- You have experience with data systems, architectures and ETLs across commerce, identify and internal databases
- Experience with SQL queries across data platforms (Redshift, Snowflake, Alation, Jupyter)
- Prior experience with APIs, platform products and automation systems. Deep understanding of CRM, CDP and ETL across multiple data platforms and systems
- You collaborate with senior leadership to plan ahead in providing a roadmap indicating what objectives your team will be working on in the future. You are transparent with that roadmap for all interested parties.
- You speak and write clearly without being verbose across all communications. You distill complex problems into essential elements, and communicate across the team and executives effectively
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.