Senior Manager, Production Staffing (ABC News Longform)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 784291BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content, ABC News Date posted Apr. 19, 2021
Reporting to the VP Longform Strategy and Production, the Senior Manager Production Staffing will work closely with the project Executive Producer, Production Management, Finance and HR to identify the best staffing model for each project. This person will identify internal staff resources, project staff, and freelancers and manage the onboarding process for specific projects and will have strong contacts in the production community and be able to draw on those contacts to identify people with the right skill sets to staff productions. The Senior Manager will also manage compliance issues related to different classifications of staff (staff, temporary, freelance, cast and crew, project employee) and manage compliance with union obligations that may apply. By building systems to track and manage which project each resource within the Longform group is assigned to, start dates, end dates, classification and next project opportunities, the Senior Manager will work with other departments to ensure maximum utilization of staff and best fit skills mix for projects. This manager will also work with existing teams to identify and budget for backfills when staff are assigned to new projects.
- Manages staffing across all Longform projects
- Contribute to staffing model for each project
- Source production staff and work with Operations/HR teams to onboard them
- Manage and communicate begin and end dates, manage backfill needs and related budgets; manage compliance of staff types including freelance, temporary, cast and crew and project employees
- Coordinate closely with Executive Producer for each project, HR, Director of Production Management, Operations and Finance
- At least 8+ years of production or production management
- Expertise in production models and staffing rates
- Strong network of production staff and freelancers
- Experience working across a diverse portfolio of project types including News, Documentary, Specials, and Series
- Experience with labor unions and compliance
- Expert at Excel and/or other staffing tools
- Experience in a production company or studio
- Experience in a network production management or exec producer capacity preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to function effectively in high pressure and quick turnaround situations as well as longer term production cycles
- Ability to manage complex interpersonal dynamics and staffing needs across an array of projects
- Calm under pressure and a willingness to be flexible to determine how best to work with different production teams
- A passion for non-fiction content, with both a news and documentary focus
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.