Senior Manager, Project Management - Media EngineeringApply NowApply Later Job ID 767816BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 19, 2020
The Senior Manager of Project Management reports to the Director of Program Management & Engineering. The Senior Manager is responsible for leading a team of technical project managers embedded within software engineering teams. The person in this role will create, implement and oversee a unified project management process across software engineering domains, be responsible for measuring its success and ensuring its use and evolution during projects.
- Oversee a team of technical project managers on a team responsible for software services that acquire, manage, process and distribute Disney’s content catalog
- Work with Director of Program Management & Engineering to refine scope and objectives and ensure Technical Project Managers communicate requirements effectively to development teams
- Create a unified Project Management strategy for execution across multiple domains
- Oversee a robust documentation protocol for project tracking, seeking and incorporating feedback from Engineering and Program Directors
- Partner with Technical Project Managers to execute an effective discovery & framing process for leading technical teams to an agreed upon architecture and development task breakdown
- Coach Technical Project Managers to lead impact driven discussions and ceremonies, seeking to measure effectiveness regularly
- Assist Program Manager in identifying major cross domain dependencies and risks, share responsibility for resolution during project execution
- Partner with Program Manager to own project timeline and hold project managers accountable for communicating changes and risks
- Ensure Technical Project Managers facilitate testing and delivery expectations throughout project lifecycle
- Regularly measure success of practices with Director of Program Management & Engineering, seeking to refine where needed
- Recruit and hire talented technical project managers.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience demonstrating an expert level understanding of software development lifecycle and Agile methodology
- 7+ years experience in a technical project management field working with software engineering teams
- Have successfully managed the careers of direct reports
- Excellent communication skills including experience creating impactful presentations and communicating to senior leadership
- Ability to write technical requirements and technical user stories for software development teams
- Proven capabilities communicating and understanding detailed status of multiple concurrent projects of high technical complexity
- Ability to see the bigger picture and execute a strategic vision over time in your work with others
- Experience working in a highly flexible environment where positive change is sought and action is expected
- Evidenced experience identifying risk to software development projects and an understanding of mitigation from a project management standpoint
- Experience being adaptable to change and a willingness to revise processes and disrupt standards to meet teams’ needs
- Ability to work in a dynamic, 24x7 availability environment
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.