Senior Manager, PublicityApply NowApply Later Job ID 10031060 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Nov. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Senior Manager, Publicity is responsible for all aspects of media relations for specific ABC News programs and/or platforms, including the long-term communications strategy and day-to-day publicity efforts.
This position will support one of the following groups of programs and/or platforms:
- Good Morning America, GMA3, and “This Week with George Stephanopoulos
- ABC News Studios, ABC News Live, Nightline and ABC News Digital
- 20/20 and ABC Audio
The position reports to the VP, Publicity.
Responsibilities (when applicable to specific role above):
- Create and execute comprehensive and creative publicity strategy for ABC News programs, platforms, talent, executives and content.
- Conceive and proactively pitch consumer and trade stories and secure placement in print, broadcast, and online media about the content, programs, platforms, anchors, correspondents, talent and executives.
- Generate television, print, wire, radio and online coverage of exclusive reports, investigations, and interviews.
- Write press releases and other promotional materials to publicize the following: ratings/listenership, upcoming programming, newsmaker and exclusive interviews, narrative nonfiction/originals content, new initiatives and other announcements.
- Handle interview requests for anchors, correspondents, hosts, talent, and executives for programs, platforms and content.
- Develop and maintain a strong working rapport with talent and executives.
- Manage PR firms.
- Liaise with areas of ABC News to promote the programming/broadcast internally and externally.
- Work closely with the programs and platforms’ social media team to create campaigns around large events, series and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media contacts.
- Support crisis communications.
- Keep senior management informed of publicity activities and challenges.
- For ABC News Studios - lead public relations for awards season press, film festivals, industry panels, screenings and other promotional opportunities in the industry.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in public relations, corporate communications or related field.
- Demonstrated experience and successful, proven track record of managing multiple publicity campaigns at any given time.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to secure earned media.
- Talent relations experience.
- Crisis communications experience.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekend days.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of social media integrations; experience running successful social media campaigns.
- Collaborative, professional, respectful and kind team player.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience working in news, television, entertainment, media and/or politics.
- BA or BS from a four-year accredited college or university.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $109,300 - $150,260 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.