Senior Manager, Software Engineering
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 767817BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Oct. 29, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services mission is to give consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time, or location. By driving technological innovations, Disney Streaming Services aspires to become the leading distributor of direct-to-consumer entertainment and the premier provider of video streaming solutions globally. It successfully designs, develops, and delivers direct-to-consumer streaming services for a growing roster of media products. Media Engineering builds scalable distributed systems to acquire, manage, process and distribute Disney’s content catalog.
The Senior Manager of Software Engineering reports to the Director of Software Engineering. She/he is responsible for leading an engineering team’s delivery of 4-6 software engineers to the successful delivery of software services and its operational execution. The role provides technical expertise in building software services to acquire, manage, process and distribute media.
- Direct software engineering teams to design, build, deliver and operate software services to acquire, manage, process and distribute Disney’s content catalog.
- Build collaboratively with the teams you direct and neighboring engineering teams.
- Work with project stakeholders to define scope and objectives, communicating requirements to development teams.
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead technical feasibility, implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA efforts.
- Continue to improve project management process, communication protocols, and operational procedures related to effective, on-time and on-budget software delivery.
- Recruit and hire talented software engineers.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience demonstrating an expert level understanding of software development and infrastructure
- 7+ years experience building complex distributed software services.
- Have successfully managed software engineering teams to deliver reliable distributed software services.
- Highly skilled in the software development life cycle, software architecture and writing software.
- You're practical and personable, with a succinct communication style
- Experience building multiple concurrent projects of high technical complexity
- Ability to work in a dynamic, 24x7 availability environment
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.