Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, Technology FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 562933BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 25, 2019
Job Summary:The Senior Manager Finance role in Capital Planning will support the financial day-to-day operational oversight and financial capital planning and reporting processes for Disney Streaming Services and assist executive leadership in making informed investment decisions. This role is actively involved with the Five Year Capital Plan (software development and PP&E), Annual Capital Plan, monthly closes, and quarterly forecasts. The Senior Manager of Finance will be responsible for developing relationships and working closely with key technology partners on capital plans, forecasts and other ad hoc projects. Additionally, he/she will work with business owners to develop the appropriate business case, review pro forma models and analyze project economics.
The ideal candidate for this position will proactively help establish and manage capital processes and be energized about the active and diverse client support. The candidate should also drive efficiency efforts, have open lines of communication and help strategically plan for the future. The candidate will also enjoy visibility to the business leadership and the opportunity to work with a variety of creative and operational partners in a dynamic, fast paced environment. A successful candidate in this role will be able to speak to software development processes and the technical infrastructure of a media/technology company with ease.
- Lead and prepare monthly close reporting and forecasts, utilizing G/L data extracts, time tracking systems, and operational team inputs
- Partners closely with key Disney Streaming Services Finance and Technology partners, as well as greater TWDC accounting and fixed asset teams
- Establishes new processes in accordance with TWDC software capitalization and fixed asset accounting policies
- Develops Five Year Capital Plan, Annual Capital Plan and quarterly forecasts for internally developed software and PP&E
- Proactively answers and makes recommendations regarding client questions
- Performs complex financial analysis
- Develops innovative solutions for decision-making support
- Prepares and present financial packages/decks
- Reviews and prepares Capital Authorization Requests, as necessary
- Supports the processes to ensure the integrity of the accounting functionality, controls and processes related to all Finance and Finance-related systems
- Demonstrated ability in understanding and operationalizing technology accounting policies
- Experience in extracting and analyzing system data (G/L and supporting financial system feeds)
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative analysis and financial modeling
- Advanced Excel skills (modeling, macros, lookup function, SUMIF statements, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and ability to create presentations
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, and teamwork/partnering ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Ability to compose concise written descriptions of complex issues, supported by detailed analysis
- Ability to simplify complex issues and incorporate effective “storytelling” to influence the audience
- Ability to deliver presentations and communication to audiences of all levels persuasively, articulately and with full command of the topic
- More than 5 years of experience in Corporate Finance, preferably with media or video streaming experience
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
Preferred EducationMaster’s degree or equivalent
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.