Senior Network Automation Engineer
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 762798BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 30, 2020
Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
Disney Streaming Services is an industry leader in providing over-the-top content solutions, including ESPN+ and the upcoming Disney+ services. We strive to deliver live and on-demand content to consumers with innovative features and best in class reliability. As a member of the Network Engineering team, you would be responsible for maintaining and improving the global infrastructure necessary to support the company's streaming media platform.
Responsibilities:We are currently looking for a Senior Network Automation Engineer who is passionate about all areas of network automation. The role is to be a leader within a dynamic team in support of the company’s streaming services. The Automation Engineer, as a part of a team, is responsible for all aspects of a project necessary to achieve successful implementation. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to gain exposure to best of breed technologies as well as establish themselves in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
- 5+ years working in Network Automation
- Experience configuring routers and switches
- Experience automating network deployments and configurations
- Experience programming in Python
- Experience with Ansible playbook design and execution
- Familiarity with a Python Web Application Framework, for example Flask or Django.
- Familiarity with database management and communications
- Familiarity with web services technologies such as REST and gRPC
- Development of a CI/CD Environment.
- Knowledgeable in network security procedures and best practices.
- Familiarity with leveraging vendor APIs to configure and gather data from network devices.
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems
- Experience with container virtualization technologies.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
- Excellent customer presentation skills.
- A solid understanding of network virtualization landscape along with their supporting technologies. E.g. VRFs and VXLAN
- Experience with Web UI Development
- Experience in multi-vendor network topologies
- Experience with Linux based routing daemons such as BIRD and FRR
- Experience in either the media or web scale sectors.
- A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies.
- Working knowledge of: Linux, Python, Ansible, TCP/IP, BGP, Git, Jenkins, and REST
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably engineering related)
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.