Senior Producer, 20/20Apply NowApply Later Job ID 787492BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content, ABC News Date posted Apr. 26, 2021
Responsibilities:Managing the editorial process of a long form broadcast, and generating new ideas for future content. Candidates must be able to effectively manage multiple story assignments and show production in addition to supervising the staff working on those stories. 20/20 is a collaborative show, and excellent people skills are required. Candidates should have a minimum of ten years’ experience in long form. Breaking news or daily show experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will offer creative and innovative ideas for better story-telling as well as have the ability to work under pressure and handle constant deadlines.
Must be able to work a flexible news show schedule including weekends and some holidays.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience producing long form broadcast or documentary style content
- Strong editorial judgment with demonstrated experience pitching stories
- Minimum five years experience writing broadcast scripts
- Excellent people skills able to manage
- Minimum five years of experience managing a staff of two or more in addition to multiple stories at various stages of development
- The ability to independently manage and motivate a team
- Proven experience working well under pressure
- 8 or more years experience with breaking news and/or daily news show experience crash producing segments and or long form content/network specials
- Experience in crime and investigative reporting genres
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or higher
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.