Senior Producer - ABC News Live (Morning)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 751050BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Apr. 16, 2020
- Build and manage the rundown, making sure all parts of the show come together
- Write key parts of shows while ensuring accuracy as the final copy editor on scripts
- Work closely with production staff to ensure clean execution on-air
- Willingness to throw out the rundown for breaking news
- Oversee editorial staff for extended hours of on-air coverage
- Proactively identify and address problems quickly, then independently create informed solutions
- Form and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with people at various levels, both within ABC News and outside the company, when it comes to a variety of disciplines of business and production
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: broadcast, cable, major local news market, streaming news
- Minimum two years’ experience managing a team overseeing all editorial aspects including assigning and approving content prior to air
- Must have extensive control room experience and excellent communication and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work with on-air talent, both from a producing/writing in the control room perspective
- A willingness to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, overnights and weekends and thrive under daily deadline pressures
- Have a strong grounding and appreciation for the 24/7 rhythm of news
- Knowledge of iNews (or other similar producing software)
- Knowledge of Social Media including Twitter and Instagram
- 11 or more years of experience in one or more of the following areas: broadcast, cable, major local news market, streaming news
- Three or more years’ experience managing a team
|Bachelor’s degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience|
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.