Senior Producer- Podcast Programming (ABC Audio)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 772714BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Jan. 28, 2021
The Senior Producer will be the editorial lead responsible for ABC’s flagship daily news podcast, Start Here, and other daily and weekly podcasts derived from original reporting from within the news division, and existing intellectual property from the vast library of ABC News. It will be the responsibility of the Senior Producer to build on the success of all of ABC’s original podcast content, including 10% Happier, The Dropout, and Truth and Lies: Jeffrey Epstein, and work collaboratively with producers and executives across the news division and within ABC’s Long Form storytelling division.
The Senior Producer will partner with the Executive Producer/Director on how best to grow the podcasting unit by creating and executing a business plan to effectively market and promote its content, and maximize revenue and reach across a large and diverse audience.
The ideal candidate for this role has extensive experience at a podcasting production house and a proven track record of turning interesting ideas into compelling, must-listen sonic experiences. This person should have relationships with popular podcast platforms, and the ability to build rapport across the expanding podcast community. We are looking for someone with a demonstrated aptitude for developing and motivating talent at every level, and a commitment to fostering an inclusive, respectful workplace.
ESPN/ABC ranks fifth among industry podcast publishers nationwide behind only iHeart, NPR, The New York Times, and Wondery.
- Identifying audio storytelling opportunities across ABC News by leveraging news division original reporting and archival assets, and developing new IP.
- Managing the day-to-day show production and the lifecycle of new podcast projects from greenlighting to release, including marshalling innovative social media and marketing campaigns.
- Leading daily and weekly editorial meetings, and refining editorial workflow.
- Providing consistent and productive feedback to talent, producers and editors, and building mechanisms to grow the skillset of the talented teams currently working within the podcast group.
- Working with our legal and standards and practices departments to ensure editorial and production standards are maintained across all podcasts.
- Collaborating with our business development team and sales partners on external distribution and sales strategies.
- Strong editorial background, sharp news judgement and excellent writing skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of podcast production experience, including conceptualizing and launching new products, and a thorough knowledge of audio production.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing/leading others with a track record of fostering collaboration, innovation, excellence and inclusion.
- Proven problem-solver with experience working in a fast-paced, breaking news and deadline-oriented environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About ABC News:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.