Senior Producer - Race & Culture (ABC News)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10034381 Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Nov. 30, 2022
2020 has an opening for senior level producing talent to drive and expand our storytelling to present audiences with deeper reporting at the intersection of diversity, race and culture. We want someone who is extremely creative and has extensive experience in producing longform primetime television from pitching, to planning, through execution.
This role calls for someone who has a drive for documentary style storytelling and experience and interest in crime reporting. Agility, flexibility, strong editorial judgement and superior storytelling skills are a must.
The Senior Producer will also function as a producer for 2020 as part of this role. The role reports to the Executive Producer of 2020.
- Responsibilities include developing ideas for 2 hour shows and 1 hour specials on diversity, race & culture, and constantly generating new ideas for future content.
- Candidates must be able to effectively manage show production.
- Candidates should have a minimum of ten years’ experience in television journalism.
- The ideal candidate will offer creative and innovative ideas for better story-telling as well as have the ability to work under deadline and breaking news needs.
- They will also collaborate with other network shows and platforms, for joint projects or special features.
- They will produce as well as senior produce.
- 10 years of journalism experience
- The energy to juggle both producing shows and Senioring pitches
- Contacts and connections to experts in the Diversity space
- Strong editorial judgement and ethics
- The desire to be a part of a community that respects others
- Experience performing well and delivering under pressure - - while maintaining professional presence
- All candidates should have extensive producing and field producing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in New York is $ 198,000 - 211,200 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.