Senior Producer, Race & Culture (GMA)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 735786BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jun. 04, 2020
GOOD MORNING AMERICA is looking for senior level producing talent to drive and expand our storytelling to present audiences with deeper reporting at the intersection of race, politics and culture. Across the landscape of ABC News programming, the position will be a part of a network of Senior Producers that will help guide daily reporting and special coverage delivering breaking news, relevant interviews and incisive investigative reports.
The Senior Producer will report to the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER of GMA.
- Responsibilities include developing ideas for daily stories on race & culture, as well as general news content. Being able to manage the editorial process, line produce, and generate new ideas for future content are also key requirements.
- Candidates must be able to effectively manage story assignments and show production in addition to supervising junior staff. Candidates should have a minimum of ten years’ experience in television journalism. Control room experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will offer creative and innovative ideas for better story-telling as well as have the ability to work under deadline. They will also collaborate with other network shows for joint projects or special features and brainstorm different story angles and ways to increase social media presence. Understanding of digital platforms and social media preferred.
Basic Qualifications:Please apply if you have:
- 10 years of journalism experience;
- The energy to juggle both show production and staff management;
- Insatiable curiosity - you just have to dig deeper to find the truth;
- Experience running the control room and line producing;
- Strong editorial judgement;
- Tenacity to pitch the stories you believe in; and
- Experience performing well under pressure - - think breaking news-type situations.
Preferred Qualifications:It would also be nice if you are:
- Proficient in relevant languages, including Spanish
- A natural leader - you can inspire teams to bring their “A” game;
- A pro at social media and other digital tools; and
- Motivated: You’re the person who can tackle any task – and wants to.
Required EducationYou have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.