Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Producer, Video - FiveThirtyEightApply Now Apply Later Job ID 658023BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted May. 10, 2019
Job Summary:We’re seeking a Senior Producer to lead efforts to create original, engaging video at FiveThirtyEight.
The Senior Producer will oversee creation of all original videos for our site, YouTube, social channels and potentially OTT. This a highly collaborative role and requires close interaction with our data visualization team and politics, sports and science editors and reporters.
We’re looking for someone who has experience with all elements of video production. The ideal candidate has experience pitching, reporting, writing, shooting, producing, and editing digital video. This role calls for someone who has a passion for storytelling, an urge to produce creative content and a desire to be at the forefront of digital video.
- Oversee all video production including development, planning, production, scripting, and video editing.
- Marshall and manage FiveThirtyEight, ABC News and freelance resources to suit each project.
- Assess video performance, using data to make informed decisions about topic, format and approach
- Manage video freelance budget and ensure projects are completed at cost
- Minimum six years of experience, preferably within a newsroom
- Minimum two years’ experience managing staff during development and production
- Interest in FiveThirtyEight’s data-driven journalism
- Two or more years’ experience having direct reports
- Experience writing news stories
- Proficiency operating Canon cinema camera, experience with lighting.
- Fluency in Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Avid Media Composer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.