Senior Product Manager, Billing
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 765719BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 21, 2020
Job Summary:We are looking for a senior product manager of billing to lead our efforts to create the best consumer-facing commerce services in the world. You will provide product leadership for commerce related initiatives, driving global subscriber growth powered by the Disney Streaming Services Platform. Reporting to the Sr. Manager and part of the rapidly growing Platform Product team, you will be tasked with leading and driving innovation for all aspects of commerce, including billing and invoicing capabilities. This role functions as a day-to-day liaison between business, marketing, technology and product organizations to maximize commerce objectives.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Assume product leadership for key commerce initiatives from definition through technical delivery and iterative improvements, specifically in subscription invoicing and billing
- Assist with defining a vision and strategy for growing subscriptions and improving the health of overall billing and invoicing platform
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, design, marketing, product leadership, analytics and business insight teams on objectives and business requirements
- Translate inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents and user stories for engineering teams to execute
- Assist and manage planning and development prioritization for development teams to ensure maximum value in deliverables
- Establish and maintain testing and experimentation strategies for increasing the billing health of subscriber base
- Lead tax and other compliance requirements related to billing and invoicing across a global marketplace
- Partner with other Product Managers to streamline system integrations and enhance existing business processes
- Maintain all necessary JIRA tasks and boards across teams, as well as all necessary communication to internal stakeholders
- Synthesize market changes and technology improvements into actionable improvements for the platform through market research and competitive landscape and offerings
- Innovate on capabilities and offerings to enhance the existing capabilities of our purchase and transactional offerings
- You have at least 3 years of experience with and a successful history of product management and software delivery
- You have experience product managing applications across a wide variety of platforms including web, mobile devices, game consoles, and OTT video devices such as AppleTV, Roku, and FireTV
- You have experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
- You understand e-commerce and other digital commerce flows and payment processing
- You possess strong knowledge of commerce technology vendors and ecosystems
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You excel at coordinating multiple projects at a time
- You're an analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- You have an ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges
- You put focus on supporting team interaction, boosting motivation, and appreciating contributions
- You're familiar with working on projects with distributed teams, making use of technology and process to overcome the challenges of working with remote staff
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or technical degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Company
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.