Senior Product Manager, Commerce Partnerships
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 735690BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 06/01/2020
Job Summary:We are looking for a senior product manager to lead our efforts to create the best consumer-facing commerce services in the world. You will provide product leadership for commerce related initiatives, driving global monetization of subscription services powered by the Disney Streaming Services Platform.
Reporting to the Director, Product - Commerce, and part of the rapidly growing Platform Product team, you will be tasked with leading and driving innovation for areas of customer acquisition involving strategic partners. This role functions as a day-to-day liaison between business, marketing, technology and product organizations to maximize commerce objectives.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Define and assume product ownership for partner integration and customer activation, driving acquisition through third party partnerships
- Collaborate with business development, technical account managers, and our device and distribution team to formulate partner integration strategies
- Translate inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents and user stories for engineering teams to execute
- Assist and manage planning and development prioritization for development teams to ensure maximum value in deliverables
- Partner with other Product Managers to streamline system integrations and enhance existing business processes
- Maintain all necessary JIRA tasks and boards across teams, as well as all necessary communication to internal stakeholders
- Synthesize market changes and technology improvements into actionable improvements for the platform through market research and competitive analysis
- You have at least 3 years of experience and a successful history of product management and software delivery at scale
- You have deep familiarity with the streaming video industry and understand the different value propositions that all the market leaders offer their customers
- You understand the benefits and trade-offs between Direct Billing and In-App Purchases
- You have experience working with applications across a wide variety of platforms including web, mobile devices, game consoles, OTT video devices (AppleTV, etc) and other hardware (STB, etc.)
- You excel at coordinating multiple projects at a time
- You have an ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges
- You put focus on supporting team interaction, boosting motivation, and appreciating contributions from your peers
- You have experience in hypothesis driven outcomes, using data and research to help inform decisions
- You are comfortable in fast changing environment, with frequently changing demands, building and managing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders
- Ideally you have previously worked on streaming video, music, or entertainment products
- Ideally you have previous experience in delivering product solutions for B2B2C
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.