Senior Product Manager, Content Tools
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763531BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 27, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is offering an opportunity to join the Enterprise Tools Product team to help revolutionize the way Disney connects consumers across the globe. From content management to localization, from personalization to experimentation, these behind-the-scenes tools make Disney magic possible at a global scale and were vital in the success of the ESPN+ and Disney+ launches!
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced senior product manager to lead our efforts to create innovative and first-in-class content tools for curation, localization and experimentation. You will focus on defining the strategy and requirements for our homegrown set of tools that will power all of the Disney Streaming Services’ global applications. You will partner with cross functional teams to lead our innovation efforts and continue to grow our business around the world.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Assume product leadership for the content tools from definition through technical delivery and iterative improvements
- Effectively support the engineering team throughout sprint cycles by proactively removing roadblocks that may impact quality of service and on-time delivery
- Manage a product throughout the product lifecycle from concept to launch and into operation mode
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, design, operations, product leadership, and analytics teams on objectives and business requirements
- Translate inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents and user stories for engineering teams to execute
- Assist and manage planning and development prioritization for engineering teams to ensure maximum value in deliverables
- Build relationships with stakeholders across the organization; understand and prioritize foundational needs across use cases and short and long term initiatives
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 3+ years of experience working with engineering teams
- Ability to succeed through ambiguity and create clarity from chaos
- Flexible in an ever-changing environment
- You have a strong interest in building internal-facing products and features
- You have experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
- You’ve lead effective product sessions culminating in technical requirements ready for development
- You demonstrate a strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You know when to escalate issues expediently and accurately when blockers arise
- You have hands-on experience work with content management systems and/or localization systems
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.