Senior Product Manager - Disney+ / Star+
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 770125BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Dec. 08, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is creating the future of digital video entertainment products for one of the largest media brands in the world. We’re focused on delivering extraordinary user experiences and distributing incredible content through all forms of interactive media. Our digital technology leadership and capabilities are married with a passion for crafting dynamic consumer-facing applications that integrate live and on-demand multimedia. We create great digital media products for millions of fans around the globe, and we're looking for strong performers who can help us improve what we do every day.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Product Manager to join our Product team, with a focus on driving product innovation for Disney+ and upcoming Disney Direct-to-Consumer products. This role requires creativity, discipline, and an ability to manage many disparate threads at the same time. Your intrinsic understanding of how to compromise and negotiate with others in the spirit of partnership with an eye constantly turned towards delivery will lead to your greatest success.
The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, extremely collaborative, flexible in the work they do, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Research, analyze and document complex product issues and develop creative solutions that achieve predetermined product goals, while also balancing resource utilization across all teams.
- Assist and manage planning and development prioritization for engineering teams to ensure maximum value in deliverables
- Contribute to a product roadmap that accomplishes business/customer goals and aligns with the team charter and tenets
- Be the voice of the user. Drive customer discovery via user research, design sprints, and other customer touchpoints.
- Work with the research analyst team to synthesize quantitative and qualitative user data to inform key product decisions that address user needs.
- You have a successful 5+ year history of product management and software delivery
- You demonstrate strong strategic aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
- You’re scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge.
- You’ve led effective product sessions culminating in technical requirements ready for development
- You demonstrate a strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience balancing dependencies across numerous initiatives and complex project plans
- You have demonstrated your ability to use data to drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations
- You have a "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and successful delivery.
- You have experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
- You excel at coordinating multiple projects at a time
- You have an ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges
- You value teamwork, and have the leadership skills to make it happen
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.