Senior Product Manager, Disney+
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763530BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 29, 2020
Job Summary:We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Senior Product Manager for Disney+, based in NYC. This individual will collaborate cross-functionally with the legal, business, program management, design, engineering, and product teams.
You will partner with teams to bring the product into new regions and build new features that drive global metrics. You will guide teams on striking the balance between scalable and local. The successful candidate will be a tenacious, ambitious self-starter with a passion for building new products from scratch. You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, a strategic mindset, broad business experience, the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Drive strategic business goals and work to ensure the teams invest toward those goals through a data-driven roadmap
- Create global market positioning strategies and competitive viewpoints for growth and retention
- Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria
- Identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required groups across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals. You resolve blockers in other teams to move forward
- Disseminate knowledge as widely as possible across your team and look for opportunities to take that knowledge to other groups
- Collaborate with senior leadership to plan ahead in providing a roadmap indicating what objectives your team will be working on in the future
- Manage your work with data, product and project management tools to identify new features, write and track requirements, partner with development and QA in the product development process
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, design, operations, product leadership, and analytics teams on objectives and business requirements
- You have 5+ years of experience in product management.
- Ability to succeed through ambiguity and create clarity from chaos
- Flexible in an ever-changing environment
- You’ve lead effective product sessions culminating in technical requirements ready for development
- You demonstrate a strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience building, launching and localising delightful digital products, particularly across EMEA, LatAm and/or APAC.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.