Senior Product Manager, Distribution PlatformsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 655957BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 18, 2019
Job Summary:Devices and Distribution (D&D) is a new and growing product organization within Disney Streaming Services, and it is focused on addressing the exciting and rapidly evolving landscape of consumer devices and distribution platforms.
The D&D charter is to:
- Deliver broad subscriber reach on existing and new consumer devices
- Accelerate international growth for our services by leveraging global distribution partnerships and integrated marketing, promotion and payment opportunities.
- Drive a quality, localized experience for international users.
- Innovate on the user, device and partner lifecycle to drive incremental discovery, signup, engagement and retention.
- Influence the evolution of partner platform roadmaps to benefit and support our rich user experiences
Responsibilities:As the Senior Product Manager - Distribution Platforms your job is to define and drive the roadmap for your product areas, leading cross-functional teams of engineering, design and data science talent to delight users and achieve positive business impact. Your mission is to:
- Implement a CRM/PLM system to streamline and unify partner lifecycle management across all teams in the company, starting with operators of TV, wireless and wired Internet services.
- Establish a distribution partner source-of-truth, and reporting system.
- Build and operate a suite of self-service tools to enable distribution partners to bring a “long tail” of devices to market, integrated with our services, marketing, promotions, and payments offerings.
- Ensure a consistent user experience by certifying that product requirements are satisfied, primarily through automated workflows.
- Leverage process automation to apply business rules and drive uniform adoption.
In success, you would have defined and executed a product roadmap that ensures that we reach customers on all their favorite devices, that we drive users to discover our content and subscribe to our services on their devices, and that we delight users throughout their usage lifetime with a rich, consistent, convenient and continuously improving experience. Altogether this would result in material positive business impact, as measured in incremental subscribers and revenue.
- You have led product roadmaps and device integration projects in the Pay TV or Wireless/wired operator domain as a Senior Product Manager (or as a Product Manager for 5+ years).
- You have knowledge of, and experience with, business process automation, data management, CRM/PLM implementation and test automation.
- You are adept at user-centric and data-driven design.
- You have worked with device manufacturers and/or service operators to deliver consumer devices or products (B2B2C).
- You are experienced at negotiating product requirements and integrations with partners.
- You have collaborated effectively with engineering and have defined technical requirements.
- Ideally you have previously worked on streaming video, music, or entertainment products.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.