Senior Product Manager, Distribution Platforms
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763343BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 30, 2020
Job Summary:Devices and Distribution (D&D) is a new and growing product organization within Disney Streaming Services, and it is focused on addressing the exciting and rapidly evolving landscape of consumer devices and distribution platforms.
The D&D charter is to:
- Deliver broad subscriber reach on existing and new consumer devices
- Accelerate international growth for our services by leveraging global distribution partnerships and integrated marketing, promotion and payment opportunities.
- Drive a quality, localized experience for international users.
- Innovate on the user, device and partner lifecycle to drive incremental discovery, signup, engagement and retention.
- Influence the evolution of partner platform roadmaps to benefit and support our rich user experiences
Responsibilities:As the Senior Product Manager - Distribution Platforms your job is to define and drive the roadmap for your product areas, leading cross-functional teams of engineering, design and data science talent to delight users and achieve positive business impact. Your mission is to:
- Reach customers on practically all of their video consumption devices, especially those from the major Pay TV and Mobile/Internet service operators.
- Build and operate a suite of self-service tools to enable distribution partners to bring a “long tail” of devices to market, integrated with our services, marketing, promotions, and payments offerings.
- Streamline and unify device/partner lifecycle management across the company, starting with operators of TV, wireless and wired Internet services.
- Establish a distribution partner source-of-truth, and reporting system.
- Ensure a consistent user experience by certifying that product requirements are satisfied, primarily through automated workflows.
- Leverage process automation to apply business rules and drive uniform adoption.
- You have 5+ years of experience leading product roadmaps and system integrations in the Pay TV or mobile/Internet service operator domain.
- You experienced with business process automation, data management, PLM/CRM implementation and device test automation.
- You have experience with full product lifecycle, from initial concept and MVP to ongoing innovation to optimize product/market fit.
- You are adept at user-centric and data-driven design.
- You have worked with device manufacturers and/or service operators to deliver consumer devices or products (B2B2C).
- You have substantially led product negotiations with external partners on diverse areas, ranging from platform requirements, and hardware design, to customer-facing operations.
- You have collaborated effectively with engineering and have defined technical requirements.
- Ideally, you have led product development for streaming video (or similar) consumer products.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.