Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Product Manager EngagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 712671BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Oct. 15, 2019
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Senior Product Manager, Engagement, reporting to the Director of Product Management, Engagement, for the Disney+ in San Francisco or New York City. This individual will collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, design, marketing, data science, platform and media delivery teams to understand our most retentive subscribers, and find ways to get more of them.
Responsibilities:CORE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You are outcome based, participate with teams toward those outcomes, and drive cross- functional teams through hypothesis driven discipline.
- You think about the strategic business goals of Disney and you work to ensure your team’s resources are being spent in ways that align with those goals.
- You are technical, can design, can interpret data, understand engagement nuances, and can propose high-yield bets to drive and exceed goals. .
- You will drive features and hypotheses that make Disney+ more engaging for our subscribers
- Your focus is on the art and science of product management, the process to make it effective, to make it efficient, reliable and mindful of Disney, your team and our subscribers.
- You are able to motivate your team to sprint towards aggressive goals in ways that engenders excitement and ownership.
- You establish a team charter and team tenets as a ‘north star’ for your team.
- You identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required groups across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals. You resolve blockers in other teams to move forward.
- You directly execute initiatives toward engagement and retention related outcomes.
- You work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders to drive alignment and consensus toward mutual goals/outcomes.
- You collaborate well and often with other Disney teammates.
- Expertise leading teams towards business goals.
- Effective leadership capabilities, and ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to balance technical and business issues.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and business experts
- Minimum 5-7 years experience building products for millions of subscribers, ideally in a subscription video service.
- Minimum 3 years working with a team of engineers, designers and other cross-functional team, focused on outcome-based deliverables in the engagement area.
- Experience in hypothesis driven outcomes, using data and research to help inform.
- Comfortable in fast changing environment, with frequently changing demands, building and managing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and circumstances.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.