Senior Product Manager – Global Expansion
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774472BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 23, 2021
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company’s Disney-branded streaming service launched in 2019 featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The direct-to-consumer (DTC) service serves as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases. We’re looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Senior Product Manager for Global Expansion, based in New York, NY. This individual will collaborate cross-functionally with the legal, business, program management, design, engineering, and product teams.
You will partner with international teams to bring the product into new regions. You will guide teams on striking the balance between scalable and local. You will build new features that drive global metrics. The successful candidate will be a tenacious, ambitious self-starter with a passion for building new products. You have analytical capabilities, strong writing skills, a strategic mindset and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Basic Qualifications:CORE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have 5+ years of experience in product management.
- You have experience building, launching and (perhaps) localizing delightful digital products.
- You think about the strategic international business goals of Disney and you work to ensure the teams invest toward those goals through data analysis.
- You have a competitive viewpoint for growth and retention.
- You personify product management: how you think strategically, how you execute, and how you interact with other teams.
- You create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
- You identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required groups across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals.
- You avoid knowledge silos and instead strive to have knowledge spread as widely as possible across your team and look for opportunities to take that knowledge to other groups.
- You can speak crisply to the current and planned functionality at the regional and country levels. In addition, you have interest in Media and Entertainment products generally; international exposure is a plus.
- You collaborate with senior leadership to plan ahead in providing a roadmap indicating what objectives your team will be working on in the future. You are transparent with that roadmap for all interested parties.
- You work with product management and collaboration tools to make the most of identifying new features, writing requirements, tracking development and QA as efficient as possible.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.