Senior Product Manager, Global User ProfilesApply NowApply Later Job ID 897489BR Location New York, New York, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
You will inform the discovery and prioritization of new features, help develop user-focused and legally-compliant solutions, and partner with teams across the organization to support launch and roll-out activities.
- Define and prioritize product requirements that factor in user needs and pain points, legal requirements, the policy landscape, stakeholder input and business strategy.
- Support the User & Profile vision by translating long term goals into short term tactical features while driving fulfillment of business objectives.
- Utilize discovery and research to define opportunities and collaborate with stakeholders to define product solutions.
- Secure alignment from Legal, Privacy, Engineering and Product partners to prioritize new features.
- Partner with Marketing Technology teams to improve our communication channels and honor the latest user consent choices.
- Support the Global Expansion and Localization team with requirements for maturity ratings and content controls.
- Ensure Disney services provide a safe and secure experience for users that require additional parental controls.
- Support and utilize user research to inform and continually improve our products.
- Actively listen to, read, and comprehend stakeholder issues, concerns, and requirements.
- Clearly and concisely present complex problems and solutions to stakeholders using oral and written communication channels.
- Define and track User Profile metrics, reviewing data to identify new opportunities for innovation.
Basic Qualifications:Candidate Profile:
- Passionate about and experienced in Strategy, Product Management, Data and owning end to end delivery of value.
- Excited to work with a diverse set of technical and non-technical users, teams and stakeholders to build the next highest value for your customers and stakeholders.
- Possesses a customer-first approach with an ability to empathize, visualize and deliver delightful experiences.
- Highly technically competent with a working knowledge on technology stack for software applications. Has hands-on technical background and worked on technology products.
- Comfortable managing unique, complex, and high-visibility initiatives with demanding time lines.
- Experienced with coordinating and prioritizing projects co-owned by multiple teams.
- Good decision making instincts to proactively and continually improve level of knowledge on user profiles and their relevant technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product management in a software applications environment - experience in managing consumer profiles spanning multiple business units and platforms.
- Evidence of driving customer-first, user focused product experiences.
- Strong analytical abilities having previously relied on both qualitative and quantitative data to inform decisions.
- Proven experience in technical product management of multiple initiatives with competing priorities, multiple external dependencies and disparate resourcing.
- Experience with defining and managing business requirements and outcomes with our business partners, and working with technical teams to create and integrate relevant projects into that vision.
- Working experience partnering to develop high performing Engineering teams.
- Working experience communicating and working with technical and non-technical senior stakeholders across multiple business units to get things done.
- High level of comfort communicating across large organizations and diverse business units.
- Fluency with data instrumentation for analysis, narrative and decision making.
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment; relentless innovator. Challenges status quo and champions best-in-class technical solutions and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Able to manage fast-paced projects, with strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and respond to emergencies.
- Experience with Agile development approach and tools (examples: Confluence, Jira, Leankit, Trello).
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, driving results across multiple projects.
- Superior communication skills to maintain effective relationships with all levels of personnel including executives.
- Experienced with unblocking the team, writing shovel ready epics and user stories, and operating the mechanics of a Lean UI/UX and agile processes.
- Experienced with a variety of technical architectures and environments.
- Experienced with driving alignment and delivery across diverse stakeholders including business, compliance, security, and engineering leadership
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.