Senior Product Manager, Growth (NYC)
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 735511BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 03, 2020
Job Summary:We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Senior Product Manager, Growth, reporting to the Director of Product Management, Growth, for Disney+ in New York City. This individual will collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, design, marketing, data science, platform and media delivery teams to optimize for conversion and revenue throughout our onboarding funnel, marketing acquisition channels, and our partner activation flows.
Responsibilities:CORE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You are outcome based, participate with teams toward those outcomes, and drive cross- functional teams through hypothesis driven discipline.
- You think about the strategic business goals of Disney and you work to ensure your team’s resources are being spent in ways that align with those goals.
- You are technical, can design and interpret data, understand conversion nuance, and can propose high-yield bets to drive and exceed goals.
- You have an understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression analysis).
- You will drive features and hypotheses that make Disney+ more engaging for our subscribers.
- Your focus is on the art and science of product management, the process to make it effective and efficient, reliable and mindful of Disney, your team, and our subscribers.
- You are able to motivate your team to sprint towards aggressive goals in ways that engenders excitement and ownership.
- You develop test plans, define success metrics, and ensure accurate results methodologically.
- You establish a team charter and team tenets as a ‘north star’ for your team.
- You identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required groups across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals. You resolve blockers in other teams to move forward.
- You thrive in a culture of experimentation, working on autonomous teams.
- You directly execute initiatives toward growth and conversion related outcomes.
- You work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders to drive alignment and consensus toward mutual goals/outcomes.
- You collaborate well and often with other Disney teammates.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience building products for millions of subscribers, ideally on a subscription video service.
- Minimum 3 years working with a team of engineers, designers and other cross-functional team, focused on outcome-based deliverables in a growth capacity.
- Experience in hypothesis driven outcomes and using data and research to help inform.
- Comfortable in fast changing environments, with fluctuating demands, building and managing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field.
- Expertise leading teams towards business goals.
- Effective leadership capabilities, and ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to balance technical and business issues.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and business experts.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.