Senior Product Manager, Instrumentation SolutionsApply NowApply Later Job ID 884097BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 08, 2021
The Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) D.A.T.A. Product Team is seeking a skilled Sr. Product Manager to join the Data Solutions & Instrumentation team, leading Disney’s Technology products within the Sports portfolio (ESPN, ESPN+). The ideal candidate has significant experience managing the instrumentation of digital analytics tools or digital measurement tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or similar, and an expert understanding of how data is structured or captured from web and native applications. The Data Solutions & Instrumentation team plays a key role in defining DMED data collection strategy, developing data requirements, KPIs, and acceptance criteria for new products. The team also develops tools and processes for validating instrumentation accuracy and monitoring ongoing data quality and schema adherence.
Successful candidates will be comfortable and excited about leading, planning & execution across functional teams in a fast-paced, highly technical environment. This role will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with a diverse set of leaders including engineering, product, program management, data technology, analytics, and marketing functions throughout The Walt Disney Company. This is a unique opportunity to work across a portfolio of the world's most recognizable brands and ensure their businesses are making the most data-driven decisions possible. This role will report to the Director of Data Solutions & Instrumentation.
- You will be responsible for the gathering, defining & implementation of data requirements for all digital products within the Entertainment, News and Kids portfolios
- You will be the primary point of contact for leadership stakeholders in the product, engineering, ads & research organizations as the team translates business requirements into technical specifications and supports cross-functional teams through the implementation and validation process
- You will continually drive the unification of the data collection strategy across product portfolios and the way in which the team engages with stakeholders globally
- You will be the relationship lead with our external 3rd party measurement partners (Adobe, Nielsen & Comscore) and ensure the consistent health and validation of their implementations within our products
- You will need to creatively resolve blockers, manage stakeholders, and balance multiple competing priorities to find optimal solutions to technical challenges
- 3-5 years’ technical experience implementing digital analytics, product quality of service, or ad/mar tech tools in an agile environment
- Understanding of the digital landscape and how to capture and structure user engagement, product performance, and quality of service data for use in downstream analytics or marketing tools
- Strong technical aptitude for digital analytics and tag management tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Ensighten, mParticle, etc.
- Proven ability and level of comfort conversing intelligently with engineering leads, product executives and researchers
- A strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience within the media industry and syndicated measurement partners like Nielsen or ComScore
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with shepherding data from the point of collection to end-user
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.