Senior Product Manager, Localization
New York, New York, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States; San Francisco, California, United States; Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID oO6HffwA Location New York, New York, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States; San Francisco, California, United States; Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jun. 04, 2021
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced product manager to lead our efforts to create innovative and work on first-in-class localization systems. You will focus on defining the strategy and requirements for our homegrown localization tooling system that will power all of the Disney Streaming Services global applications. You will collaborate closely with the engineering, design, cross-product, and business operations teams.
Reporting to the Director, Product - Consumer Experience, and part of the rapidly growing Consumer Globalization & Engagement team, the candidate will need to be an experienced product leader to drive innovation in improving our tooling needs. As part of the initial focus, you will work on the next generation of localization needs as we continue to expand our business footprint around the globe.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Effectively support the engineering team throughout sprint cycles by proactively removing roadblocks that may impact quality of service and on-time delivery
- Assume product leadership for the localization tools from definition through technical delivery and iterative improvements
- Manage a product throughout the product lifecycle from concept to launch and then operationalize
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, design, operations, product leadership, and analytics teams on objectives and business requirements
- Translate inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents and user stories for engineering teams to execute
- Manage prioritization and backlog items for engineering teams to ensure maximum value in deliverables
- Contribute to and manages a product roadmap that accomplishes business goals and aligns with the team charter and tenets.
- Aligns KPIs to business goal, ensuring product improvements drive business outcomes
- Drives alignment and maintains accountability with product leadership and non-engineering partners
- Leads decision-making with partners and leadership and communicates effectively across teams
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 2-4 years of experience working within related industry or functional areas
- You have a strong interest in building internal-facing products and features
- You have experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
- You’ve lead effective product sessions culminating in technical requirements ready for development
- You demonstrate strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You know when to raise issues expediently and accurately when blockers arise
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.